In accordance with the provisions of Canadaís Anti-Spam Legislation by registering your child for Camp, you will be receiving periodic emails from us. The registration of your child signifies your consent to receiving such emails.
COMPLIANCE & BASIC PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
1. Identifying Purposes: Camp Maple Leaf and/or its authorized user organizations collect information about campers and their families to provide for the best and most appropriate care for the campers, to ensure their safety and welfare, to provide information about new and exciting programs, for business analysis, and to provide follow-up statements of accounts.
In support of the following purposes Camp Maple Leaf may also collect information orally and electronically through the year:
- The Camper Application requests names, addresses, telephone numbers for necessary contact and communication, for transportation and in case of emergency.
- Custody information is important for the campersí safety and welfare.
- Swim information assists us in arranging appropriate swim instructors and to ensure each camperís safety while participating in camp waterfront activities.
- Health Information and the Health Form requests personal health information about the campers, required by Public Health.
- Special Needs, Allergy Information and Health Concerns are necessary for the counselor, camp nurse specialists, swim instructors, Camp Directors and Camp Doctors.
- Photo Images of campers and their families may only be use for Camp Maple Leaf purposes. For example-brochures, DVDís, website, advertisements and parent/guardian requests.
2. Limiting Collection: Camp Maple Leaf limits the collection of personal information only to that data which is necessary to assist in fulfilling the identified purposes.
- Maple Leaf may collect personal information by written, oral and electronic means.
3. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Camp Maple Leaf only uses and discloses personal information in order to fulfill the identified purposes except when required by law. Only those individuals whose job functions or responsibilities require personal information have access.
- Camp Maple Leaf does not sell, lease or barter personal information.
- Camp Maple Leaf retains personal information as long as needed to fulfill the identified purposes or as required by law, whichever is longer.
- When the information is no longer required, Camp Maple Leaf uses proper and reasonable methods of destroying information.
4. Accuracy: Camp Maple Leaf keeps personal information as accurate and up to date as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes. Parents/guardians are obligated to read all statements/forms sent home, and to return all forms to ensure that their information is accurate, complete and up to date. Parents/guardians should contact our office to update or correct personal or health information. Our telephone number is 905-338-5200.
5. Safeguards: Camp Maple Leaf protects personal information using security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
6. Individual Access Upon written requests: Camp Maple Leaf will provide an individual with access to personal information about that individual, subject to certain legislative exceptions. If the individual is a minor, as all Camp Maple Leaf campers are, the Camp Maple Leaf will provide personal information about campers to parents/guardians who make a written request. Camp Maple Leaf will allow an individual (parent/guardians on behalf of a camper) to challenge the accuracy and completeness of information. Camp Tanamakoon will amend this information if appropriate.
- Camp Maple Leaf will investigate all concerns and complaints.